There are different ways you can tell someone what you have experienced.
Report and Support: you can make an anonymous disclosure or request support from the Harassment and Misconduct Team. By providing your contact details an adviser will be able to explain the options and support available to you, in confidence. If you choose to disclose anonymously, we won't be able to contact you and it is unlikely we will take action. We can help talk through the next steps for making a formal report, so you can decide what's best for you.

Contact the venue where the spiking happened: every venue should have complaint processes and policies in place to deal with incidents that happen in their venue.  Many venues will want to know what has happened.  It depends on the outcome you want from the venue - you may be unhappy at how they dealt with the incident when it happened, you may want to know what their training or policies are for venue safety or you may want to tell them it has happened.  Any reports made to the Police are likely to involve the venue being asked for CCTV. However this is not something a venue can give to you directly.  If you would like support in contacting the venue, LUU advice can help -

 Report to the Police: you can do this by speaking directly with the Police Campus Liaison Officer, Vanessa Jardin: You can also contact the Police directly by phoning 101 or doing an online chat with the 101 service: In an emergency, call 999.

You can report information anonymously by contacting Crimestoppers either through their website or by calling 0800 555 111.

Make a complaint to the university (if you are a student): if the person you wish to make the complaint about is a current registered student at the University of Leeds, you can make a complaint to the university under the Dignity and Mutual Respect Policy. This would be received by the Student Cases team, who will get in touch with you to talk through your complaint and explain the next steps of the process. You can email for more information. Where students wish to engage with the university complaints process, we would encourage you to speak with the Harassment and Misconduct team or LUU Advice at

If the person you wish to make a complaint about is a member of staff at the university you can also make a complaint under the Dignity and Mutual Respect Policy.  For further guidance and independent support please contact LUU Help and Support at

Make a complaint to the university (if you are a staff member): if you wish to make a complaint against another member of staff you can talk to your Line Manager in the first instance.  Alternatively, please contact your local HR Officer or Manager to discuss your concerns. They will be able to discuss these issues with you sensitively and without involving your manager initially. In many cases, however, your manager may need to become involved at a later stage, as this is often necessary to investigate or address issues that are raised. You can find out the details of your local HR Officer on the HR website.


There are two ways you can tell us what happened